Here it is, blocked. Lots more pictures (LOTS!) are on my blog. It’s taking up our entire living room (and we live in a 1-br apartment, so this really means something). The hardest part by far of the whole project was the blocking – next time I make a shawl, I’ll be sure to have blocking wires. Everything else was easy, though. I think it helps me a lot that each new part of the pattern grows in a straight line from the previous rows, so that I found I caught mistakes quickly because they looked wrong right away. I think I had three mistakes that I didn’t catch in time to tink back to in the same row. These I fixed by dropping a few rows down when I got to that place. Now that it’s blocked, I can’t find any obvious mistakes. But it’s pretty obvious from the photos that I’m blocking it in lines that are not terribly straight!
Now my obsession is over, and for the first time in days, I can think about something other than Icarus. My husband is very relieved. :-)
-Kate from NYC