Friday, June 23, 2006

Greetings! I am so glad to have found this KAL. Icarus is my second lace project. Right now I am finishing up a traditional Pi Shawl and am having some difficulties with the border. Casting on for this shawl has been a way to avoid those moments of frustration I keep having with the edging.

I am using Lacy Lamb, a very thin little yarn that is somewhere between exciting and BONKERS to work with. Has anyone here used it before?

Although it took several rows before I learned it, the pattern is so extremely regular during Chart A that I have it down and can knit at it relatively mindlessly. It tells you what to do next. (Does that make sense to anyone else?) Looks like I'll have to pay a bit more attention when I get to the feathers.

You can learn more about me, my knitting family (my 7yo son who is knitting a scarf out of yarn he spun himself and my partner David who is knitting his first sock), and all of our current projects on my blog.

The Purloined Letter
Quoth the Maven, "Knit Some More!"

2 comments:

Miriam said...

I have some lacey lamb (that I wanted to overdye since I don't like the color), but I've never knit with it before. It looks beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I am curious about the lacy lamb yarn

is it the softest yarn you have ever used

Does it hold the stitch definition for lace knitting well

I love the dark pink shawl you have done also

Gratitude123@hotmail.com