(cross-posted on my blog)
I finished Sunday afternoon.
As I've said before, this was my first lace project. This was also the first time I've used blocking wires. I got a set at my LYS Y2Knit. I had heard people talking about how expensive blocking wires can be so I was a little apprehensive but they were only $25 for a complete set.
Susan, the owner, and I looked at my remaining yarn while I was there and she estimated that I wouldn't have enough to finish. She gave me another ball and told me to bring back what I didn't use. I ran out a little over half-way through the bind-off. I did a combination of the a spit and a russian join. It held during the blocking without any trouble so I think it will be fine.
I didn't have to stretch it to get to 72" wide and 36" down the center. It was plenty big. There are a few mistakes and twisted stitches but all-in-all I am very, very happy. Thanks to you, Miriam for creating this beautiful pattern and thanks to all the knitters in this KAL for all their advice and encouragement.
Pattern by Miriam Felton
Published in Interweave Knits - Summer 2006
Yarn: JaggerSpun Zephyr 50% merino/50% silk, approx. 980 yds.
Started: May 21, 2006
Finished: July 16, 2006
Editted to add:
Thanks for all the nice comments! I really enjoyed knitting this, my first lace project.