Wednesday, May 24, 2006

I had to frog the whole thing! Well, I was only on row 27 but it still hurt. I dropped a stitch in one of the open laddery spots and it was just too obvious. I fiddled around for an hour trying to make it work but in the end I couldn't live with it so I ripped it out. This time I will be more careful.

I think I'm going to do a lifeline so this doesn't happen again. This is my first project of this type. How many rows should I do before I move the lifeline? 5, 10, 20? I don't want to be too obsessive.

3 comments:

Val said...

Oh, I feel your pain! I was thinking about a lifeline, but I'm too impatient to run a string through all of those tiny stitiches! But, I guess that beats frogging anyday! I've never used one... Maybe instead of moving the line add another as you go?

Good luck!

Sarah said...

Oh golly! That is not fun to frog lace. You see all the work in such a small process.

Better luck next round.

Carie said...

Tell you the truth, I don't move my lifelines at all. I usually throw one in at any point where I have to change charts, and maybe every 20 rows or so if I feel the need. Or, if I'm finding that one particular row of a chart is giving me trouble, I stick one in right after I've counted the stitches on the way back across the wrong side to make sure it's right!