Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Hmmm, for some strange reason I don't have a title bar to title my post...

Anyway, hi, I'm Kristi!

I finished Miriam's Seraphim shawl recently and knew right away that Icarus would be a nice progression. An easy first half or so that would give me a chance to adjust to lace weight yarn. So I waited with baited breath for the arrival of my summer IK. I had the yarn - Alapaca with a Twist's Fino (70/30 alpaca/silk) in Twilight (1002 if I remember correctly) that I gotten for my birthday last month.

When it arrived I didn't have US3 needles! A friend lent me US4s and talked me into knitting on those saying that I'm a tight knitter, but I'm undecided. I'm usually on gauge-wise and my friend almost always has to go down 1 or 2 sizes because she knits so loosely.

I've been mulling it over since Saturday night when I started it whether to continue or not... I'm not sure if I'm just not used to laceweight and how it looks unblocked or if I need to find money in my budget to purchase US3s... If that is the case it may have to wait until June. I think I'll probably run a life line and steam block it at this stage and see what I think before I knit any farther. I just haven't had time this week because I'm knitting like a mad woman for a baby shower for twins that will take place next Wednesday. It was a last minute thing for a woman in my water aerobics class.

I do love how this (and Seraphim) can be knit in front of the TV. Other lace shawls that I have started have languished due to the inability to either visit with DH or watch TV/movies with him. And, to those that don't know how to knit, these shawls are still very impressive!

:-) Kristi
http://blog.designedlykristi.com

4 comments:

jenknits said...

Lovely color that blue. Alpaca and silk sounds like a perfect combo to me! Yum

Miriam said...

*considers mailing you her US 3's*

Romi said...

Wow! You can knit lace in front of the TV? I'm *so* impressed! I can knit sport weight or above in stockinette in the round without looking, but that's as far as I go, I'm afraid!

Jeri said...

Did you use the 4's?