Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Hi there! My name is jess, and I just started this shawl last night.

First, this was ripped out.



Lorna's Lace's Heaven, the shawl pattern on the band. I lost interest and lost count and this lovely yarn was lonely in the bottom of the bag next to the couch. Too horrible a fate for this loveliness.

Right now, it looks like this:



I forget the name of the color, but the top picture is reasonably close to accurate. Because of the mohair, I'm knitting on much larger needles, but I think it should work given that there is more yardage in the hank than called for in the pattern (though I may need to re-assess as I get closer to the fancy part on the edge.)

I'm excited to see everyone's progress!

6 comments:

Lynn Bethke said...

I love the yarn you're using. It looks so very soft!

Marie said...

The colors are so pretty! Can't wait to see more of the shawl!

Miriam said...

Those colors are VERY pretty! And a word of advice... you might want to assess BEFORE you get to the lacey edging part. The pattern includes instructions to make it shorter or longer, and if you're using longer needles, your gauge will be larger. So if you want to make it the same size, after you've got a few repeats done of the main body portion I can walk you through figuring out how many repeats you'll want to take out.

jenknits said...

Whoa, Nellie! You are one brave girl using that mohair. I have a lovely ball of Kid Silk in my stash that has never seen the light of day because of my fear of having to try to frog it. I will be excited to see that beautiful pink become your beautiful shawl. Lovely.

Sarah said...

Love the colors in the yarn!

Romi said...

Wow. What gorgeous yarn!