Sunday, May 14, 2006

Hi there! I'm Madam and I stink at lace, but I was very intrigued by the Icarus pattern. I had barely asked my good pal Froggy if she'd seen the pattern before she told me about this KAL, so I thought I'd join and give lace knitting one more try. My previous attempts ended in disaster: the Mystery Stole (had a terrible time trying to figure out what it was supposed to be like... but the yarn turned into Froggy's gorgeous Feather and Fan shawl, so yay!) and Eunny Jang's Print o' the Wave Stole (despite her patient assistance, I doomed myself by losing count and moving my stitch markers where I shouldn't).

I have high hopes for this one, though :) I'll be using the same yarn I was using for Eunny's stole, which is a watery greeny-bluey mix (laceweight wool from Woolgatherers) that I got from my SP several months ago. It's so pretty that I KNOW it'll look lovely... once I get it going.

So hello, and I'm glad to be here.

P.S. If anyone hasn't seen this before, I found a triangular shawl percentage calculator at Rose-Kim Knits (in the sidebar -- it's an Excel file). If you know how to make it appear in a little bar down the side of your blog, you're one step ahead of me, but it's a start :)

3 comments:

Lynn Bethke said...

Hooray for Miss Madam! Glad to have you here and may this lacey thingy be kinder to you than the others.

wenders said...

This is my firt time ever to try lace, so maybe we can muddle through together. :)

Jessica said...

Madam,
The percentage bar on the sidebar of my blog and the calculator are two separate things. The dynamic percentage bars came from a designer on a now-defunct blog.