Thursday, May 25, 2006

Before the new Interweave hit the stands, as soon as I saw the online preview, I knew that Icarus was going to be my summer project. I was entranced by the butterfly-like wings -- I've always related to the butterfly - starting out as an icky caterpillar - emerging as a pretty, fluttering, teasing thing. My high school years were spent suffering through a nice Jewish girl afro, glasses that turned dark when I went outside, and took like a half hour to go back to normal once indoors, braces, and pudginess. Now, my brother says I'm the most improved person he knows - thanks bro!

I originally was going to knit Icarus in this yarn:
that I bought at Stitches East a couple of years ago from some Russian woman. I had bought it for the Forest Path Stole, but the yarddage was short, and even though the Russian woman assured me that it would work out fine, I was too nervous to cast on. But, I don't know - I didn't really see myself as a peach butterfly. I wanted to be a lilac butterfly.
So, I put away the peachy laceweight yarn for another day, and cast on in Lilac Zephyr -and I am now all set for both this knit-a-long, and the Amazing Lace. I'm about 3 repeats into the first chart, and I'm find it, well, a bit boring - this is the caterpillar part. I can't wait to get to the next chart!

Hope everyone's knitting is going well!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely colour on that yarn, I'm really looking forward to see what kind of shades the colour has.

Sarah said...

Love the graphics!