Friday, May 26, 2006

Alpaca makes everything better.

Knitting gives the alpaca a purpose.

I have one more week left in the school year, and it's that time where everything that needs to be done comes crashing together and makes one's head explode. Tonight I was working on a paper, a paper I'm not entirely committed to, a paper which has a thesis I feel ambivalent about. So it was hard. I got most of the way through it and took a break.

A knitting break.

And I worked on Icarus a little more. A row and a half.

And it was wonderful. The softness of the alpaca and silk blend, the movement of the bamboo needles working together to make a very complicated and beautiful knot.

After that I managed to wade through the rest of my footnotes and concluding the paper.

(forgive me if I wax a little poetic. I just did several pages of less than inspired history argument)

-----------------------------------------
Business:

If you would like me to change your sidebar name or bloglink, please let me know. Also, given the mountain of work I have in the next seven days, I may be slower responding to KALsters wishing to join up. Some of you have already experienced my slowness. But just one more week, then there's a long glorious summer light at the end of the tunnel.

Happy knitting all.

No comments: