Saturday, August 19, 2006

I've been loving this shawl, especially in the Aziza yarn (tencel from Just Our Yarn). However, I have already modified the pattern once, since I really hate having points at my butt... I found moving the "center" increase lines was easy, and I was able to incorporate them into the natural yo lines in the pattern.

Here she is, as seen on my regular blog, draped over the table lamp:



Now I'm starting to question my sanity -- I'm wanting to add more "layers" of feathers. This, of course, will mean that this isn't really an Icarus Shawl anymore, but would still use only Icarus charts.... I have this vision of a feathered cape...

someone stop me... or cheer me on....

Off to insert a life line so that if I try this and it's dreadful, I can frog in comfort...

4 comments:

Kate A. said...

It's gorgeous already, and your plan sounds exciting and brave and full of potential! Do it! And tell us all about it!!

Miriam said...

just thought you might like to know that you can't just repeat charts over and over to get more feathers if you want them to line up. It's a matter of the number of extra stitches outside of teh pattern repeats, and it changes from chart to chart. If you don't mind the feathers not lining up from repeat to repeat, then you can try it, but I won't guarentee that the stitch count is acurate for that.

Miriam

Sarah said...

Good luck with the lifeline.

You have more guts than I do!

Nolan said...

Good jjob