Tuesday, August 01, 2006


Icarus is done but for the blocking. I finished the knitting sometime last night. The cast off was fun (I'd never done this one before) but took a lot longer than I thought it would. I ended up adding beads to the patterned areas and along the cast off edge. Hopefully they will show after blocking. Right now they are hidden.

I hope to block this within the next few days and will post pictures of the finished shawl. In the meantime, I started the Swallowtail Shawl from the new Interweave. It's a breeze after the long rows of Icarus.

7 comments:

Kim said...

Ooh, I can't wait to see it blocked! It's yummy!

Janet said...

it's perfect. I almost wish that it could stay ruffly, like the unblocked version.

I noticed Swallowtail too. What kind of yarn are you using for that?

Unknown said...

it's gorgeous!

Carrie said...

Lovely! I just finished mine too, and have the same ruffles at the moment.

I can't wait to see the blocked version of yours. The colors are so different than most of the other finished ones I've seen!

wenders said...

What's the yarn that you are using - it looks gorgeous. And I am toying with the idea of beads on the edge, too - let us know what it looks like all done, please! ;)

Sarah said...

Can't wait to see her bloom!

Hannah said...

What great color!