Thursday, August 10, 2006

I need some support!


So I am in chart 2. I had to frog back to the last bit of chart one to fix a mistake I made and now I am just messing up all over the place. Somehow I ended up doing the k2tog of the k2tog yf k1 ssk part 2 sts before I should have and I created another hole. I tried to fix it and well I just f%^$ed it up more. Gah. It's just a little bit of a hole, but I am just messing up all over the place. Now when I did my first row of chart 2 somehow I ended up missing two sts on one of the repeats.


I am thinking about just frogging back to the part where you repeat rows 19-34 of chart one and doing it right. But the froggin physically pains me.

Oiy.

Encouraging words please. I feel like I shall never leave chart 1 and I don't want this to be something I just stop knitting.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Courage! I always find it helpful to make myself a mini-chart with two repeats (14+ stitches by 30 odd rows) - to provide visual clues on the stitches..I'm about 8 rows away from starting chart 2... keeping my fingers crossed that I've got it right !

Patti said...

Sometimes it helps me to put something away overnight and upon seeing it again in the morning I feel refreshed and ready to face the challenges, kind of like mothering. It applies to my knitting, too. You will make it through the froggin pain and have a finer piece of work to show for it.

pattipurls
http://www.pattipurls.blogspot.com

Kim said...

Stick with it! Don't give up now. I used lifelines and I must have gone back to one or two of them 4 or 5 times before I could get it right. Like Pattipurls said, think how good it's going to look when it's done.

Sarah said...

You can do it!

Patience is required for lace....I know that you can finish.

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain-I just finished chart one and took it off the needles to look it over and measure it. The thing is an afghan! It's absolutely huge (and I even left one repeat out...)! I clearly have serious gauge issues. I also found a dropped stitch about 15 rows down, yet I have the right number of stitches. *sigh*

I'm going to frog back to the previous repeat's row 34, but I took out that lifeline already, so I'm working without a net. I need a few days to work up the courage.

Jen in Hawaii