Thursday, August 17, 2006

I have finished Icarus! I am so amazed at what the blocking does for the whole process. So is my husband - he just couldn't see how my big lump of knitting was going to look anything like the photo in the magazine.

I made this for my mom's birthday, which is today, and I completed it Tues, blocked it Tues, and got it in the mail overnight to her yesterday.

Here is the shawl (no it isn't huge - it is being modeled by my 8YO DD). I added beads to the edging, like many other people - Thanks Miriam for the directions on how to do this!



I started this project on June 26, and finished on Aug 15. I have to admit I neglected my family as much as they would let me during this last week, and I definitely neglected my house. I used a 80/20 Mohair/Nylon yarn by Filatura Di Crosa in a dark red. It turned out to look great, but was very hard to fix problems because it was so fuzzy and didn't frog very well.

I am hoping someday to make another one of these for myself. Someday...

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Looks wonderful.

I bet your Mom will like it.

Nonnahs said...

It's gorgeous! Congratulations!

Betsey said...

exquisite!

bradyphrenia said...

i have this exact same yarn in the same color. how many balls did it take?

Kim said...

God, it's gorgeous!

JANET said...

really beautiful. I'm betting that you will be asked to make more for the folks who see your mom's!

christine said...

Gorgeous! I like the color choice!
Perfection!!!!!