Sunday, August 13, 2006

Greetings everyone! This is a first for me - first time joining a KAL, first time really trying lace (and charts), first time dying yarn.. how fun! Anyhow, since everyone loves pictures, here's a photo of mine.

The yarn is KnitPicks "Paint Your Own," dyed with KoolAid. I'm actually a little bit further along than this, and am in my second repeat of rows 19-42 of the first chart. I feel like it's going slowly though - I find that my wrists keep getting sore, and I have to take rest breaks. This doesn't happen when I'm knitting anything else, so I'm not sure what it is that I'm doing differently here? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to seeing everyone else's progress!




2 comments:

Kristen said...

are you adding stripes? or is the yarn painted?

looks very neat!

vicki said...

Thanks! I painted the yarn that way.. it was sort of a pain to do, but I think it'll be worth it in the end. =)